Thursday, September 13, 2012

This Is How We Do It

The Cure For Everything: Untangling Twisted Messages About Health, Fitness, and Happiness
Timothy Caulfield
Health

I guarantee, if you're into healthy eating and exercise like I am, this book will bum you out.

As I’ve mentioned before, I adore books about health, diet, and exercise. It’s fun to read what I should be doing and why. But this book changed my thinking about a whole lot of my beliefs. I started reading for fun then quickly realized I needed to take the lessons to heart.

In The Cure For Everything, researcher Timothy Caulfield decides to sort through all the myths and lies pertaining to health and fitness. He shoots them down, one by one, and offers advice from experts about how to maintain the perfect weight and what exercises one should do to stay in their best shape. He’s also very funny, which made this book very readable. It’s a short, quick, interesting look at how much the health industry takes advantage of us.

I would recommend this book to everyone, especially anyone who’s constantly on a diet or thinking a little more exercise will help them lose weight. Because it won’t. But you’ll have to read The Cure For Everything to find out why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment