Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sins of the Father

Tumbleweeds
Leila Meacham
Fiction

WTF did I just read? I’m not quite sure.

Tumbleweeds is the story of John, Cathy, and Trey. The three live in a small town in Texas and grow up as best friends. Cathy and Trey fall in love, leaving John the outsider. Then Cathy gets pregnant and Trey knows the baby is not his, so the three Musketeers find themselves torn apart. Years later, Trey returns home to take care of a few things and that’s when the plot gets really wild.

Good lord. I realize I was vague and left a lot out but I really can’t explain any more without giving away the ridiculousness of this book. You just have to read it to believe it. I didn’t even come to care about any of the characters (Trey in particular is a big tool), I just wanted to see what would happen in the end. Tumbleweeds is like a car accident—you want to look away, but you can’t.

If you love so-bad-they’re-almost-good sagas, this book’s for you. If you don’t, leave Tumbleweeds on the shelf. You won’t be sorry you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment