Thursday, September 27, 2012

Somewhere Only We Know

Overseas
Beatriz Williams
Fiction

Hmmm. Where to start with this one? I’m just not sure.

Overseas is the story of Kate and Julian. Kate’s an aspiring broker on Wall Street when she meets a new client, Julian. He seems quite taken with her and soon the two are sort-of dating. Until Julian drops the bomb that he’s actually a soldier from World War I who traveled through time to find her. Meanwhile, in a parallel storyline, Kate has traveled back in time to find Julian and warn him that’s he going to die and stop it before it happens. 

So yeah. Lots of time travel and wonky stuff happening here. I generally don’t tend to go for those type of books, but I’m glad I did this time. Not only is the cover awesome, but Ms. Williams is a great writer and she totally sucked me in. I didn’t fall in love with Julian and Kate as much as I would have liked, but I still found myself rooting for them. The ending confused me quite a bit, which is why I don’t like time travel books, but if you can get past logic and certain things not making much sense, you’ll enjoy this book.

I would recommend Overseas. It’s a nice love story with a good bit of history shoveled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment