Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dream Lover

The Last Victim
Karen Robards
Fiction

If I had known going into this book, it was going to be a series, I never would’ve bothered picking it up. But I adore Karen Robards from back in the day when she used to write great romances with a little bit of murder mystery sprinkled in. Now she writes murder mysteries with a little bit of romance sprinkled in. Oh, well.

Charlie Stone is a criminal pathology expert who is suddenly called in by the FBI to work on a familiar case. Years ago, Charlie saw a man murdering her best friend’s family. Now it seems he’s back and the police want her help in tracking him down. But that’s not all Charlie’s good at—she sees ghosts, too. The spirits of dead people, wandering around, looking for a way back. Charlie’s been okay with this but now she’s seeing the spirit of a killer at a prison she worked for and this killer is a sexy guy who gets under her skin. 

I have to stop right there, because I’m sure you’re going WTF, as I was. But yes, it’s true. The “couple” of this novel turns out to be Charlie and the spirit of the guy she treated in prison. They even have dream sex a few times. Good lord. Karen Robards is a great writer but I’m not sure I’m up for this.

If you’re a fan of Ms. Robards, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this book. If you can’t get past the ghost sex (TM Grey’s Anatomy), I would skip it.


No comments:

Post a Comment