Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Unfriendly Skies

Attention All Passengers: The Airlines’ Dangerous Descent—And How to Reclaim Our Skies
William J. McGee
History/Political

I hesitated in regards to what category to stick this book in, but I suppose history/political works. It’s about the history of the airline industry and how politics are ruining travel for us all.

Since I just told you what Attention All Passengers is about, I’ll go into a little more detail. Mr. McGee is a travel journalist who has been writing for a long time, so he knows his stuff. I just wish the stuff he knew was a little more exciting, because this book sure wasn’t. Yes, there were a few interesting parts but most of it was bogged down in corporate gobbly-goop. I guess I wanted more personal, human stories. The descriptions of quite a few plane crashes I’ve never heard of certainly made me a little more nervous about my upcoming trip. Come to think of it, I probably should’ve read this book after the trip. Oh, well.

If you’re mad as hell and not gonna take the crappy service from airlines anymore, this book is for you! If you’re more on the fence about the whole thing like me, you’ll probably be bored if you pick this book up.

No comments:

Post a Comment