Friday, August 10, 2012

You Should Be Dancing

The Master's Muse
Valery O'Connor
Fiction

Time for another bad review. I didn't even get halfway through this book. And it's about ballet and romance. Two things I love.

The Master's Muse should've been a good book. You have Tanny, a talented ballerina, who falls in love with George, the older director of New York City Ballet. Everything's fine and dandy until Tanny comes down with polio and can't dance anymore. Now she feels like a failure and thinks she's losing George (she's already wife number five). Lots of conflict and juicy stuff to dive into, right? Except something's missing. I don't know what.

Tanny's kind of boring. Her and George's marriage is boring. We only get a brief overview of how they came to fall in love. I want details. That's the best part of a love story, for god's sake. Seeing how and why two people fall in love.

I wish I knew why I found this book so boring but I can't put my figure on it. If you really want to read about ballet dancers and falling in love, there's got to be better novels out there about it than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment