Monday, August 20, 2012

Stranger Danger

Caring Is Creepy
David Zimmerman
Fiction

First of all, I love the title of this book because it’s the title of my favorite song by The Shins. Second of all, I…really don’t know what to say about this book other than to read it is to believe it.

Caring is Creepy stars fifteen year-old Lynn Marie, who is just trying to make it through another boring summer in rural Georgia. She and her friend Dani start chatting online with random people and that’s when Lynn Marie meets Logan, an older man in the Army. At the same time, her mom’s creepy on again/off again boyfriend, Hayes, has started getting threatening phone calls and shows up at the house at odd hours. Everything comes to a head when Logan runs away and comes to stay with her and the thugs Hayes crossed come looking for him.

This book was weird. Every time I thought I knew where it was going, the plot changed directions. The end was a little too convoluted for me; so much was happening it made my head spin. But the writing was good and Lynn Marie is a great character.

I’d recommend this book for the WTF factor and because the dialogue is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment