Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Voice

Jasmine Nights
Julia Gregson
Fiction

Sometimes it’s really hard thinking up blog post titles. Usually they pop into my head after I close the book, but sometimes, like with this book, I just could not think of a clever title. The next one will be better, I promise.

Jasmine Nights is the story of Saba and Dom. Saba lives in Wales and loves to sing, but her family disapproves. When she’s offered a job singing to wounded soldiers, she accepts and meets Dom, a fighter pilot, who is recovering from a copter crash in a hospital. He’s instantly smitten and eventually tracks her down in Egypt where they start a love affair. But Saba has secrets, and lies and misunderstandings eventually tear Saba and Dom apart. Will they find their way back to one another? I’m going to spoil this review and tell you that yes, they do, because if they didn’t, I sure as hell would be ranting about it.

Ms. Gregson is a good writer and she gives enough detail without giving too much detail. Her characters are well-rounded characters and the plot of this book was quite interesting. It wasn’t a can’t-put-down novel, but I still enjoyed it.

I would recommend this book, especially if you liked her other best-seller, East of the Sun (which I have not read but heard a lot of good things about).

No comments:

Post a Comment