Tuesday, July 17, 2012

NYPD Blues

The Daughter She Used To Be
Rosalind Noonan
Fiction

I wanted to like this book. I should’ve liked this book. A novel about a family torn apart? Totally my thing. Except it wasn’t.

According to the description on the back, this book is solely about Bernie, a lone assistant District Attorney in a family of cops who must grapple with right or wrong after her brother is killed. But not only do we get Bernie’s POV, we also get her sister, her sister-in-law, her father, her brother, and her ex-boyfriend. There are way too many character POVs going on. Quite a few times I had to stop and think, okay, who is this again? Not a big fan of that.

Then there are the characters. I did not like any of them. Not even Bernie, really. They all felt so one-dimensional. And there wasn’t enough romance. Plus all the twists and turns got on my nerves.

I would not recommend this book. If you want a story about a messed-up family, grab a Jodi Picoult book. She does a much better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment