Monday, July 16, 2012

Dr. Not-So-Feelgood

Top Screwups Doctors Make and How to Avoid Them
Joe Graedon, MS, and Teresa Graedon, PhD
Health

I have got to stop reading books that scare the crap out of me. Luckily, the next few books on my stack are all fiction, so I should be good for awhile.

Top Screwups is about all the many, many ways doctors can inadvertently mess up and cause your death and serious health problems. There are several real-life examples listed, not to mention tons of facts and statistics from surveys and studies. Basically, you have to be vigilant and stay on top of everything when it comes to your health because, big surprise, doctors have other, more important things to worry about. Based on all the errors reported while most people are in the hospital to have surgery done, I am now praying I never have to have major surgery. I realize this is highly unlikely, but geez.

There's not much else to say except that everyone should read this book. The Graedons do a terrific job laying out exactly what you need to do to take control of your health and stay alive and well. Apparently, it’s by not visiting your doctor! Just kidding. Sort of. Read the book, people, I beg of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment