Monday, October 1, 2012

So Skipable

Weirdly enough, I haven't passed over that many books lately, which will make this post super short. But don't worry, I'll be heading back to the library soon enough and I'm sure I'll be picking up a lot more books that will make me want to throw them against the wall.

A Place in the Country
Elizabeth Adler
Fiction

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I've read an Elizabeth Adler book before. Don't ask me which one, but it's just a feeling I have. No clue if I finished that one but I only got a few chapters in before I tossed this book aside. Woman and her teenage daughter start over in a small English village after woman discovers her husband is having an affair. Sounds good, right? Well, it's not. It was boring and I didn't connect with Caroline or her daughter, Issy, the two main characters.

Falling in Love with Joseph Smith: My Search for the Real Prophet
Jane Barnes
Religion

We all know I'm not much into God and stuff. But I find Mormonism fascinating, so I thought this book might draw me in. No, sir. It is all about Jesus and God and I realize there are people out there who find this subject interesting, but I am not one of them. My eyes started glazing over about two pages into the book. Also, the idea of someone "falling in love" with a historical figure is just plain weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment