Sunday, October 28, 2012

Capital B



White Girl Problems
Babe Walker
Memoir

This book confused the hell out of me. I thought it was a memoir, and then when I started reading it I figured it couldn’t possibly be true and noticed my library had it labeled as fiction, but then I checked and it definitely is a memoir. So…now I don’t know what to think.

White Girl Problems is the story of Babe, a spoiled rich girl who grows up in L.A. She ends up in rehab for overspending and basically not doing a thing with her life. But first she has to go to five different colleges and drop out of all of them, work for her father’s law firm for one day, and use and discard all sorts of guys like they’re Kleenex. Babe is a bitch, too. I did not feel much sympathy for her, which I suppose is the point. She can be hilarious at times, though, I’ll give her that. She’s so heinous and over-the-top you can’t help but laugh at some of the stuff she does, says, and thinks. 

If you don’t mind reading about a self-centered “heroine” and her Hollywood antics, this book’s for you (it’s a short read, too). If you need to read about someone you can relate to, skip White Girl Problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment