Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Smell of Victory



Coming to My Senses:  A Story of Perfume, Pleasure, and an Unlikely Bride
Alyssa Harad
Memoir

Warning: this book will make you want to go out and buy perfume, especially if you’re a perfume-holic like me.

Coming to My Senses is the story of how Alyssa Harad’s obsession with perfume evolved over the course of a year, along with how her wedding came about. At first, she just starts reading a few perfume blogs. That leads to ordering samples online and then making trips to New York to visit perfumeries. It’s a slippery slope, people. Anyway, the best part of this book is Ms. Harad’s descriptions of scents. They are unlike anything I have ever read. I can’t even really describe them except to say if you love perfume or scents, you must read this book.

It’s a quick read and guaranteed to make you want to go sniff your favorite perfume when you’re done. Or even go out and buy a few new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment