Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We Are Family



I Couldn’t Love You More
Jillian Medoff
Fiction

Hmmm. I’m not sure how I feel about this book. It has two parts: during the first part, I felt pretty sure I knew where it was going. Then the second part happened and the book turned upside down for me. 

I Couldn’t Love You More is the story of Eliot. She’s mom to a four year-old and step-mom to a seven year-old and fourteen year-old. She lives with Grant, but they’re not married. She’s happy with her life. Or so she thinks until her first love shows up. They start getting close again and Eliot can feel herself neglecting her family. But when tragedy strikes, Eliot must pull everyone together and decide what’s really important.

I didn’t like many characters in this story. Eliot was weak and I deemed her a total idiot for allowing her first love back into her life after the crappy way he treated her back in college. She came off slightly better in the second half and by the end, I was mostly rooting for her. Grant was okay, but I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to feel about him. I’ll give Ms. Medoff credit, though: there were so many twists and turns that I had to keep reading to find out what happened. 

I would recommend I Couldn’t Love You More but only if you’re prepared for lots of family drama because this book has it in spades.

No comments:

Post a Comment