Saturday, October 27, 2012

Life of the Party



I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag: A Memoir of a Life Through Events—the Ones You Plan and the Ones You Don’t
Jennifer Gilbert
Memoir

This book was a lot better than I thought it would be. I read a review of it a few months ago, jotted it down on my to-read list and when it came in on my holds last week, I’d totally forgotten what exactly it was about. So I was beyond surprised once I started reading.

I assumed I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag was all about how Jennifer Gilbert become a party planner. And it was, but little did I know how traumatizing and rom-com her life would turn out to be. Not only did she get attacked by a screw-driver wielding psycho and almost die, but it took her years to trust a man and start a family. All the while putting together fabulous dinners and parties. She’s a true inspiration and this book was so good I finished it in one day. 

I recommend I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag to everyone (especially if you’re into event planning, because she gives lots of good tips).

No comments:

Post a Comment