Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Love Connection

Promises, Promises
Erica James
Fiction

This was another book I picked up, having never heard of the author before, read the back, and decided it sounded good. Boy, was I right! I love being right (it’s a Virgo thing).

Promises, Promises is the story of Ethan, Ella, and Maggie, three people whose lives end up intertwining in surprising ways. Ethan’s unhappily married and struggling with his business, Ella’s a painter his wife hires to redecorate the living room, and Maggie is Ethan’s cleaning woman who’s having her own problems with her marriage. I adored all the characters in this book. The dialogue is snappy and the plot twists are great. There were a few times I wasn’t sure what was going to happen, and it’s pretty hard to surprise me (also, I usually hate being surprised). But the ending was great and tied everyone’s stories up nicely.

I will definitely be checking out Erica James’ other books in the future. Romance lovers and general fiction lovers alike will delight in reading Promises, Promises. I promise (sorry, couldn't resist).

No comments:

Post a Comment