Sunday, November 4, 2012

This Song's For You



Diamond in the Rough
Shawn Colvin
Memoir

Who didn’t love the song “Sunny Came Home”? I know I used to, but that’s pretty much the only song I remember when I think of Shawn Colvin. Still, when I saw her memoir sitting on the library shelf, I figured it might be kind of interesting. And I was right (I love it when that happens).

Shawn grew up in the Midwest and moved all over the country for most of her life while trying to become a musician for a living. She’s been married twice and has one kid. She also suffers from anxiety and depression. Not only is her life story really engrossing, but I found her description of her song writing process fascinating. She’s also a good writer. There was nothing bad about this book.

If you love Shawn Colvin or musicians in general, pick up Diamond in the Rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment