Saturday, November 10, 2012

Not for Me

It's time for another round of Why I Didn't Read/Like This Book.

The Next Door Boys
Jolene B. Perry
Fiction

I should've known by the description that this was a religious book but I ignored my instincts and picked it up, anyway. Stupid me. A girl who's just finished cancer treatments starts her first semester at BYU and all the boys fall in love with her (I lasted approximately two chapters before skipping to the end to see which boy was her "soul mate".) This book was boring and there were lots of God, Jesus, and Bible shout-outs. Not for me.

Shine Shine Shine
Lydia Netzer
Fiction

This book is told in omniscient third person, which annoyed me right away. Plus, it was boring. I have no idea why, when the subject matter is so interesting. A man who goes up in space returns home to find his family in tatters and has to put the pieces back together. I only made it three chapters in before I gave up. Sad, because it got such great reviews, too. But it was not for me.

Peanut Butter Sweets
Pamela Bennett
Cookbook

What's this? In a shocking first for Three Library Cards, I'm reviewing a cookbook (don't worry, it's only because I didn't have any other crappy books in my stacks to pick on). Normally, it doesn't take a lot for a cookbook to win me over, but I was not at all happy with this one. Most of the recipes are exceptionally lame and either have no imagination to them or sound totally unappetizing. I love peanut butter as much as the next person, but this cookbook was not for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment